Kimi dake no Melody
Icon by Ayay
Tenth Album: Ayay
Weekly, Group B, Event - Generations (The 1990s)
- Koharu's Deck Voting: Please vote if you have not done so.
- Double Donation Rewards: Until the end of April, all people and group deck donations will have double rewards.
- March/April Featured Artist: Please vote for which artist you want to be featured for the last deck release in April. You have until April 23 to vote.
- Forums: The majority of the activities have been updated or responded to.
- The external hard drive that I have most of my visual kei and idol PVs has been crapping out, so any requests for decks by those types of artists might be delayed until I can get it repaired/replaced.
Wish on a Wing
Aloe: Can I wish for a Miyavi deck pretty please? .w.
As my external hard that I have most of my Miyavi PVs isn't working that well, I had to dig through my collection of 400+ VK CDs/DVDs/VHSes to find my sole Miyavi DVD I own. But never fear, I have made one Miyavi related deck for this release.
Such a visual kei heavy release this week...
- Regular Members may take a total of 9 cards (worth). The Rock and Read Volume 20 deck is worth 2!
- Prejoiners may take a total of 11 cards (worth).
- No more than one card per deck, unless you have the Octo Squeeze pin (which is two per deck)!
- If you have the Snail Squeeze pin, you can take an extra card (worth 1) from any deck above.
- You are free to take deck release freebies up to two months after this is posted.
- If you donated one of these decks, you may take an additional card from it on top of the rules above (no time limit).
- Please leave a comment if you take anything.
Question of the Week
I got into Japanese music in 1999, so I have a huge soft spot for the music that were released from 1997-1999. Visual kei was at it's commercial peak with the popularity of GLAY, L'arc~en~Ciel, and Luna Sea. Avex Trax started their long run of churning out big name pop artists such as TRF, Speed, Hamasaki Ayumi, and Amuro Namie. The songs that stuck with me the most from this decade were GLAY's Yuuwaku (1998) and Morning Musume's Love Machine (1999).
For two choice cards, is there either a J-pop/rock artist or a song that makes you think of the 1990s?
When I think of the 90s, I think of BUCK-TICK's Dress!! It was the very first song I heard from a Japanese artist. Not to mention the PV was released the year I was born so, I feel like I was destined to love it :D :D
QotW: bucktick-21stcherryboy15, bucktick-21stcherryboy16
Let me know if there is actually supposed to be a limit of one per deck ^^ I just assumed since there were no rules stated this time around.
QotW: alicenine-show14, alicenine-show16
I'll take the deck freebies later~
QotW: miyavi07, miyavi09
Morning Musume makes me think of the nineties. Even their newer stuff makes me think about their old things and how long that group has been around!